International Trade, Project and Trade Financing
SDM Partners has a long-standing reputation for providing comprehensive international trade legal services of exceptional quality. Our team constantly advise and represent domestic and foreign clients in various international trade matters, including customs regulations, project and trade financing, and antidumping and safeguard investigations and representation in different dispute resolution proceedings, including international commercial arbitration. Moreover, SDM Partners is able to advise our clients on legislation of other jurisdictions through the network of our corresponding law firms in Europe, USA and Asia.
- Complex representing clients before the state authorities and public organizations in the development of regulations to harmonize Ukrainian legislation with EU laws
- Representing the clients' interests in court proceedings
- Structuring international trade transactions, including with the use of foreign jurisdictions, and assessement of their tax implications and risks
- WTO rules and legislation
- Аdvising and representing clients in the scope of antidumping and safeguards investigations.
- Аdvising on export and import of goods under Ukrainian legislation
- Advising the European financial structure in connection with a loan to Barlinek (one of the world’s leading manufacturers of layered wood floors) for purchasing the land and the second line for the production of wood products.
- Advising the European financial structure in connection with a loan to the European leader in the production of sanitary porcelain, tiles and bathroom fittings in order to modernize a ceramics plant in Ukraine.
- Full legal support to the global manufacturer of confectionery, other food products, pet food and a provider of animal care services in respect to the export operations insurance
- Legal support to a leading Ukrainian distributor of reagents and equipment for laboratory diagnostics in obtaining export secured financing from European banks, secured by the imported medical equipment. Developing and implementing the model for insuring the risks relating to the financial transaction and the company’s operations
- Legal support to one of the leading bank in mobilizing foreign financing and new investment opportunities, support in relation to major financial transactions.