Telecommunications, Media, Publishing
The Technology, Media and Telecoms sector moves quickly. We know the business, law, and regulation in all the key markets. Whether the subject area is distinctly regulatory, litigation, intellectual property, or transactional, or, increasingly, an inter-disciplinary hybrid of several practice areas, our knowledge and experience in the telecommunications, media and publishing sectors deliver strategic value and efficiencies to our clients. SDM Partners acts for television and radio broadcasters, cable companies, production and distribution companies, publishers, advertising agencies, record companies and talent, as well as many digital and on-line media, content provision and telecommunications companies.
- Acquisition and disposal of publishing assets and businesses
- Antitrust and competition matters
- Broadcasting, spectrum and license regulation
- Commercial service and maintenance agreements
- Litigation and international arbitration
- Related IP and advertising advice
- Rights acquisition and content distribution arrangements
- Due Diligence of five cable TV operators
- Formalization of the IP rights of the leading Ukrainian consumer goods manufacturer to the IP objects required for advertising.
- Advise on various tax issues and also present the interest of a foreign publishing house in relations with the customs authorities concerning the determination of the customs value for the purpose of payment of VAT and duties