Labor and Employment
The peculiarities of the Ukrainian labour law are mainly dictated by its obsoleteness. Being employee-oriented hampers to a certain extent labour market flexibility and makes it difficult to resolve labour and employment-related matters on a parity basis. Consequently, it poses serious challenges for companies in various sensitive employment issues, including top-management dismissal.
That is why SDM Partners pays close attention to the labour law area and practical application of its outdated provisions for purposes of maximum achievement of company’s goals with respect to employees’ needs. Our lawyers from the employment team have been advising clients in nearly all industries on an entire spectrum of employment matters from the drafting of agreements to litigation for over 19 years. Moreover, our team of experienced lawyers have worked in the government team for drafting employment code.
- Advise on labour safety issues
- Drafting non-disclosure, non-compete, non-solicitation undertakings
- Employees’ personal data protection
- Employment agreements and contracts, service contracts
- Employment of foreign citizens, including employment permits and management services agreements
- Employment planning for start-up businesses
- HR due diligences
- Litigation and other dispute settlement, including employment mediation
- Reorganizations and redundancies
- Successful court representation of the company – the world leader in the field of professional and domestic lighting, in a legal dispute on labor issues related to the termination through redundancy, during which a number of important precedents were formulated.
- Comprehensive legal support of a Ukrainian leasing and credit company in labor issues.
- Prolongation of the land lease agreement with the local Kiev authorities for 4 Ha in Kiev.
- Purchase of a group of developing companies in Kyiv holding real estate objects by one of the European real estate investment companies.