Ban on Registration of Russia-Affiliated IP Rights Objects in the Customs Register
As the Ministry of Finance reported, on 08.10.2022 the Cabinet of Ministers adopted Resolution № 1127 imposing a ban on registration of IP rights objects in the Customs Register, if the subjects of the rights to such objects or their producers, or exporters, or importers are the following persons:
- citizens of the Russian Federation;
- legal entities registered under the laws of the Russian Federation;
- legal entities whose UBOs are citizens of the Russian Federation;
- individuals and legal entities upon whom sanctions pursuant to the Law of Ukraine “On Sanctions” have been imposed.
Liability Insurance instead of Fire Safety Inspections: a Draft Law
On 06.10.2022, the Ukrainian’s Parliament adopted Draft Law No. 3361 as a whole, according to which a business entity may be exempted from fire safety inspections via obtainment a liability insurance policy for the duration of such policy.
According to Mr. Yaroslav Zhelezniak MP, the draft law proposes the following mechanism:
- a fire safety audit should be performed by the State Emergency Service’s authorities or a certified auditor;
- a civil liability insurance policy should be issued and sent to the State Emergency Service’s authorities by the 15 November of the year preceding the year of the inspection;
- a business entity will be exempted from inspections for at least the duration of the policy (10 years for low-risk enterprises and up to 6 years for medium-risk enterprises).
The draft law shall apply to low-risk and medium-risk business entities only.
The Draft Law is pending the President’s signature.