MIA of Ukraine Approved the Criteria for Determining Enterprises as Important for the Branches of the National Economy
The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine (MIA) has approved the Criteria by which enterprises, institutions and organizations belonging to the sphere of the MIA are defined as important for the branches of the national economy in a special period.
The corresponding order No. 285 dated 04.10.2023 will enter into force from the day of its official publication.
Thus, an enterprise can be defined as important for the branches of the national economy, if it meets at least one of the following criteria:
- ensures satisfaction of the needs of pre-trial investigation bodies, courts, legal entities and individuals, in independent, qualified and objective examination;
- ensures the proper functioning of the unified information system of the MIA, forms and maintains the information resources of such a system in an up-to-date state, performs powers on digital development;
- implements, ensures operation, maintenance, technical support and development of a single multi-zone digital radio communication system in the relevant radio frequency bands used by special users of the radio frequency spectrum;
- performs a complex of preventive, therapeutic, health and rehabilitation measures aimed at protecting and strengthening the health of individuals, sanitary and epidemiological supervision in subordinate territories, in military units, performs medical examinations, including psychophysiological ones, in order to determine suitability for service (military service) in terms of health and physical development;
- organizes logistical and resource support for the activities of the MIA and the National Guard of Ukraine, in particular with premises, training grounds, means of communication, vehicles, weapons, special means, fuel and lubricants, and uniforms;
- provides studying and professional training of personnel for the MIA, central executive bodies whose activities are directed and coordinated by the Cabinet of Ministers through the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, and the National Guard of Ukraine.
Let us please remind you that on 27.01.2023, the Cabinet of Ministers adopted a new procedure for booking conscripts and criteria for determining enterprises, institutions and organizations that are critically important for the functioning of the economy and ensuring the livelihood of the population. Employees of such enterprises will be subject to the reservation from now on. More about the reservation procedure can be found in our earlier note.
For detailed legal advisory on the issue of obtainment of a “critically important” status by an enterprise and other issues related to the booking of military liable persons, please contact:
Dr. Dmytro Syrota
the managing partner of the SDM Partners Law Firm
+38 (050) 330 1644
Mr. Vladyslav Kepko
the senior associate of the SDM Partners Law Firm
+38 (063) 757 0393
Russian Fuel, Oil and Oil Products will not Get to Ukraine: Measures of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
On 09.05.2023, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted Resolution No. 459, which prevents the entry of russian fuel, oil and oil products into Ukraine.
According to the Deputy Minister of Energy of Ukraine Mykola Kolisnyk, despite numerous sanctions, bans and embargoes, fuel of Russian origin, oil, oil products reached EU countries, Turkey and other countries, and from there get to the Ukrainian market as a “resource of uncertain origin”.
Thus, the Resolution stipulates that fuel of uncertain origin, means, fuel from the russia, will not be able to enter the Ukrainian market.
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine canceled the Licensing of Some Goods
On 12.05.2023, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted Resolution No. 472, which cancels export licensing for a number of goods in 2023.
This applies, in particular, to the export of live cattle, frozen meat of cattle, meat of domestic chickens, meat and edible meat by-products, edible flour from meat or meat by-products, eggs of domestic chickens, rye, oats, millet.