Sale of the Seized Russian Property at Electronic Auctions: the Government’s Decision
According to the statement of the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine, on 10 February 2023, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine decided to sell the seized property of Russia and its residents in Ukraine at electronic auctions in accordance with the procedure for the sale of the small privatization objects.
The decision assumes the sale of property seized in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On the Basic Principles of Forcible Seizure in Ukraine of Objects of Property Rights of the Russian Federation and its Residents” or those objects of property rights, which are seized from persons subject to sanctions under the Law of Ukraine “On Sanctions”.
It is also noted that the funds received as a result of such auctions should be directly transferred to the fund for liquidation of the consequences of Russian military aggression.
The Program of Compensation to Employers for Employment of Certain Categories of Unemployed has been Expanded: the Government’s Decision
According to the statement of the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine, on 10 February 2023, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved a new procedure for providing compensation to employers for employment of certain categories of registered unemployed.
Thus, according to the new procedure, employers are expected to receive the following compensations:
1) compensation of actual expenses in the amount of Unified social contribution (USC) for the relevant person per month (but not more than twice of minimum insurance contribution) – for employment for a period of at least 2 years of registered unemployed persons who have additional guarantees and have been in the status of registered unemployed for more than 1 month. In particular, it refers to following categories of the population:
- one of the parents (or a person who replaces them) who has a child under the age of 6 years, or is raising a child under the age of 14 or a child with a disability without one of the spouses, or is supporting a person with a disability since childhood without one of the spouses and/or a person with a group I disability;
- orphans and children deprived of parental care;
- persons released after serving a sentence or forced treatment;
- persons who have 10 or less years left before the right to an old-age pension;
- persons who have reached the age of 15 and who, with the consent of one of their parents, can be hired;
- persons who have been deprived of their personal freedom as a result of armed aggression against Ukraine, after their release.
2) 50% of actual labor costs (but not more than the amount of minimum wage) – for employment for a period of at least 1 year of persons who have no more than 5 years left before the right to an old-age pension, as well as persons who are in the status of registered unemployed for more than 1 month and simultaneously is a person with a disability who has not reached retirement age or a participant in hostilities.
3) 50% of the minimum wage for the relevant person per month – on condition of employment of a registered unemployed person from the persons, who are:
- under 25 years of age, who have a total insurance experience of no more than 12 months;
- under 35 years of age – for the first workplace;
- dismissed from fixed-term military or alternative (non-military) service – to the first workplace after such dismissal.