Agriculture and Food Industry
Agriculture is one of the leading industries of the Ukrainian economy. According to the level of grain production, Ukraine occupies one of the leading positions in the world. That is why the sector of agro business is considered by foreign investors as one of the most attractive. At the same time, the legal regulation of this industry in tax, land, antitrust and corporate law, remains rather complicated and is considered by potential investors as one of the risks due to the quantity of regulated legal aspects.
We have deep knowledge of the industry and provide a full range of legal services in the field of agriculture. That is why, among our clients there are major investors in our country’s agribusiness.
- Dispute Resolution
- Due diligence of enterprises and investment targets
- Establishment and legal support of agricultaral and food business activities
- Execution of land title documents, establishing of land easements and analysis of limitations and special conditions of land use
- Obtaining all necessary permits and licenses from regulatory bodies
- Obtaining approvals of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for concentrations, concerted actions
- Representation of agrocultural enterprises before law enforcement and other regulatory authorities
- Restructuring of business
- Tax structuring and transfer pricing advice
- Assistance a major dairy producer regarding acquisitions of several milk plants in Ukraine and Poland
- Loan from a foreign financial institution to the amount of 40 million Euro by an agribusiness holding.
- Advise the Ukrainian agribusiness holding in respect of all issues related to the GAFTA arbitration
- Purchase of various agricultural companies by a major Ukrainian agribusiness company to the amount of 120 million US Dollars.
- Acquisition of a debt collection company by a major Ukrainian investment and industrial group