Oil and Gas
SDM Partners Law Firm has a strong track record in legal support for the companies in oil and gas industry. With a strong track record in power projects our expertise has evolved with the industry to include renewables, energy from waste and oil & gas, as well as increasingly international projects and transactions. Many of our lawyers have worked as senior in-house counsel for large multinational energy and oil companies and our secondment programme means that we’re working with many clients day-in-day-out. In addition, we have vast experience in real estate and land transactions, tax and finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate law, and IPR protection, which enables us to provide comprehensive solutions for energy projects.
- All types of the agreements, including incorporated and non-incorporated joint ventures, production sharing agreements
- Best business models, project structuring and development for up, meddle and downstream oil and gas project
- Disputes in the oil and gas, energy and natural resources sectors (including international arbitration)
- Environmental impact assessments
- IP prosecution, protection and licensing matters
- Licensing regulations for onshore and offshore exploration, energy production and distribution
- Mergers and acquisitions and other transactional issues in oil and gas sphere
- Oil & gas regulatory proceedings
- Production sharing agreements, joint ventures (upstream and downstream) in oil and gas, natural resources and other energy sector projects
- Representation of clients before state authorities/regulatory bodies, government relations
- Tax, currency control, and customs clearance matters
- Tenders and auctions
- The energy financing issues
- Comprehensive legal support for one of the largest technological and innovative companies in Europe to purchase the Solar Electric Power Project in Ukraine, including consultations on the need to obtain permission from the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (AMCU) for the concentration of shares in a Ukrainian company
- Advise a major oil and gas resources company in respect of the settlement agreement to be concluded with the State of Ukraine.
- Advise a major Ukrainian oil and gas resources company on tax issues under the Production Sharing Agreement.
- Represent a major Ukrainian energy group in the dispute with its competitor regarding supply markets of energy, natural resources etc.