Energy, Oil and Gas, Natural Resources
SDM Partners has a strong track record in legal support for the companies in energy, oil and gas industry. We advise large integrated energy majors, sponsors, lenders, contractors, financiers, buyers, suppliers, distributors, governments and regulatory authorities. The diversity of our client base provides us with a solid understanding of the key stakeholders in the market. Moreover, the renewable energy team has significant experience in preparing, financing, developing and operating renewable projects throughout Ukraine in all renewable energy sectors, including wind power, solar power, biomass and bio fuels.
- Advising on project financing in the power sector; application of various investment and credit schemes
- All types of the agreements, including incorporated and non-incorporated joint ventures, production sharing agreements
- Assistance in obtaining permits and licenses
- Drafting optimal business models, project structuring and development for up, meddle and downstream oil and gas project
- Mergers and acquisitions and other transactional issues in oil and gas sphere
- Oil & gas regulatory proceedings
- Representation of clients before state authorities/regulatory bodies, government relations
- Tax, currency control, and customs clearance matters
- Tenders and auctions
- Trial, pretrial and alternative resolution of disputes arising in connection with contract and out-of-contract relations
- Comprehensive legal support for one of the largest technological and innovative companies in Europe to purchase the Solar Electric Power Project in Ukraine, including consultations on the need to obtain permission from the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (AMCU) for the concentration of shares in a Ukrainian company
- Advise a major oil and gas resources company in respect of the settlement agreement to be concluded with the State of Ukraine.
- Advise a major Ukrainian oil and gas resources company on tax issues under the Production Sharing Agreement.
- Represent a major Ukrainian energy group in the dispute with its competitor regarding supply markets of energy, natural resources etc.
- Comprehensive legal support to the well-known producer of energy from solar, on the construction of a solar power plant in Ukraine with installed capacity of 20 MW