Chemical companies, investors, financial institutions and other organizations in the chemicals sector need their advisers to have a deep understanding of the business and legal environment in which they operate. SDM Partners is experienced in dealing with the issues affecting the chemicals industry globally, including transactions, environmental and regulatory matters, dispute resolution, antitrust and competition, risk management, investigations and compliance, government and global trade, intellectual property and tax. Our clients range from emerging companies to some of the largest chemical companies in the world.
- Acquisition and development of real estate assets, including greenfield and brownfield facilities
- Analysis of the impact of regulatory developments around the globe on all aspects of the industry, including global antitrust reviews, energy regulatory and environmental compliance
- Completion of strategic acquisitions and divestitures
- Development and implementation of tax-efficient structures
- Dispute resolution in every forum, including litigation and arbitration
- Feedstock supply arrangements and product marketing and sales
- Intellectual property and technology-related agreements, including technology transfer, licensing, engineering and technical services, and protection of intellectual property
- Negotiation of the full range of agreements with contractors and third parties, including EPC and other construction agreements
- Structuring joint ventures across the value chain
- Represent a household chemical goods producer in the court and the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine against the illegal actions of the competitor.
- Successful representation of a leading household chemical goods producer with respect to claims of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine on inaccurate advertising which also included competitor’s countercharges.